Banbury Swimming Club aims to give children, young people and adults the opportunity to realise their full potential as a swimmer, whilst developing teamwork, self-discipline, self-esteem and sportsmanship.
The club aspires to all the principles of the Amateur Swimming Association codes of practice, including child protection, ethics and disability.
The club is open to all swimmers of the correct standard regardless of age, gender, disability and ethnic origin.
The Club holds four training sessions each week. All training sessions are held at Spiceball Leisure Centre in Banbury.
Training takes place on:
- Wednesday 7:00 – 8:30 pm** (not school holidays)
- Thursday 6:30 – 7:30 pm and 7:30 – 9:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 – 9:00 am
- Sunday 8:00 – 9:30 am
**Attendance at this session is by invitation of the Head Coach only.
During summer months we also have a training session at Woodgreen Leisure Centre on Friday evenings, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
How do I join the Club?
Swimmers are welcome to apply to join the club once they have achieved at least Level 6 of the National Teaching Plan and be able to swim four lengths on their back and front without stopping. If the Club is full then swimmers may be added to a waiting list.
Older swimmers returning to the sport or moving clubs are assessed during a regular training session by the Head Coach.
All swimmers are expected to be registered as ASA Category 2 (competitive) and must maintain an appropriate standard of swimming as assessed by the head coach. The number of swim cards issued will be reviewed annually in relation to the number of members and pool capacity. If the club is over subscribed, priority will be given to regular members over swim card members.
On joining the club you will be asked to complete a membership form, ASA form, sign the code of conduct and complete a standing order mandate.
Fees are for the calendar year January to December. All swimmers are required to pay the following annual fees (correct as of January 2019):
- Banbury Swimming Club membership fee – £20
Plus ASA category 1 or 2 membership:
- ASA category 2 membership fee – £26.75
- ASA category 2 regional membership fee – £6.00
- ASA category 1 membership fee – £9.20
- ASA category 1 regional membership fee – £5.00
The club has a monthly training fee of £24, payable by standing order, arranged via Active. This is reviewed annually to reflect the running costs of the club.
There is a 50% discount on the annual club membership fee and monthly training fee for the 3rd sibling in the family
Swim Card (10 swims for £40)
This is available for:
- Swimmers aged 18 years plus who cannot commit to regular sessions.
- Swimmers aged 16-18 years who have been with the club for 5 years or more and are currently unable to attend regular sessions due to work or education commitments.
- Masters swimmers training at Bloxham